Who Dirtied the Water?
Students answer the question, “Who dirtied the water?” and then create their own filters to clean the water using sand, gravel, and coffee filters.
Here are some ideas for what to use and what they represent:
- dish soap – detergent, cleaning products
- red or blue colored water – pesticides
- green colored water – fertilizer
- paper and plastic scraps – trash
- dirt – mud and sediment
- small sticks and leaves – trees and natural objects
- grass – grass clippings
- red and green and yellow colored water with toilet paper – sewage
- tea – oil and car liquids
- tea or coffee grounds – manure
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!
You must log in to post a comment.