Education about Water

Maria stumbled upon this little beauty a little while ago, but I thought I’d share it here. It’s obvious to most of the people we hang around that we need to work on curbing our water usage and conserving our fresh water. After all, out of all the water in the world, around 98% of it is saltwater. Of that remaining 2%, a little under 2/3 is frozen in glaciers, a little under 1/3 is in groundwater, and that remaining fraction of a percent is in our fresh lakes and rivers. (Numbers taken from here.) And when water transitions between being salt or fresh, it’s generally not in the direction of creating more freshwater and less salt water.

So when we come across grossly misinformed charts like the following, we also hope it’s a joke, and yet it rarely is. It’s things like this that remind us how important it is to educate kids and adults alike about the water cycle and conservation.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.